“The triumphant softball coach was treated with all the veneration of a movie star for days following the big game.”
Veneration – noun
1) to regard with reverential respect.
2) adore, revere, reverence, worship.
As it happens, I like my Nook and wish I had a nook to read it in! Although I generally do more writing on my Nook than reading.
“With a Nook for company, I curled up in the breakfast nook to read in the sunshine.”
Nook – noun
1) an interior angle or corner formed usually by two walls.
2) a sheltered or hidden place.
3) a usually recessed section of a larger room.
Not sure I’ve heard this one recently if ever. And I’m honestly not sure how to use it in a sentence just because, well, why?
“The Great Hall from the Harry Potter movies was based on a combination of the books and the refectory of Christ Church college at Oxford.”
Refectory – noun
: a dining hall (as in a monastery or college)